I really thought I was going to cry this week. In fact, I told my male mentor teacher. I am sure that was awkward for him. But it is true. My whole world has become special education. I go to my placement and then come home and have to do prep work for the next day.
I miss having a life. And now when I get around people the only thing I know to talk about is special education. I feel so out of touch with the rest of the world. And I am pretty sure I am picking up some autistic tendencies. Great.....
I had been having a hard time finding my place in the classroom. I felt more like an educational assistant than anything else. Next week I am "officially" taking over. But even that looks like a glorified E.A. position. I know I can't have the whole class since I am only a student teacher. I guess the only other thing I would do as a real teacher is all the IEP paperwork.
I forced myself to hang out with friends on Thursday night. I am scared that I will get burned out before I even get a real job. I am just trying to find more balance in my life. My priority next week is to get more time for myself in my schedule. We will see how that goes...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment